Cromarty is a wonderfully pretty and attractive wee town on the tip of the Black Isle just north of Inverness. It has many fun activities you can enjoy, and an excellent range of shops and places to eat. Well worth a full day visit, or for staying for a longer break.
Places to Shop
- Cromarty Pottery – an unique range of handmade and handthrown pottery made by Barbel Dister. Quirky, beautiful or functional – you choose. The shop is located right beside galelry48, and the two shops together provide a great choice of gifts for your friends and family.
- The Cheese House – real Dutch cheeses, as well as a range of high quality cheeses from around the UK. Also sells pickles, snacks and savoury goods.
- Ingrid’s House – Scandinavian interiors and gifts, as well as some locally produced items.
- Gardiner & Gardiner Antiques – This period shop, in the beautiful historic town of Cromarty in the Highlands of Scotland, sees Helen Gardiner bring to fruition her 45 years in Antiques & Style.
Places to Eat
- Sutor Creek – the Highlands only wood-fired Pizzeria, but also has a wide range of really excellent quality meals, including seafood fresh from the Moray Firth.
- Coupers’ Creek – Teas, coffees, paninis, sandwiches, and delicious fresh baked scones and cakes – as well as a fabulous range of Orkney Icecream.
Places to Stay
- The Royal Hotel – the perfect place to visit to enjoy a delicious meal, for a couple of nights away or to host your corporate event or special family celebration.
- Sydney House B&B – Sydney House is situated on the High Street in Cromarty and is a traditional Georgian House, built in 1849. Sydney House has recently been renovated to a high standard. Great care has been taken to provide comfortable furnishing in the guest rooms, all of which are en-suite.
Places to have Fun
- Ecoventures – The ultimate wildlife watching adventure at the heart of the Moray Firth. Exploring these waters aboard a custom-built, wildlife watching RIB ‘Saorsa’ and let them share with you the scenery, wildlife and history that make this area so very special.
- Red Rock MTB Trails, Learnie – Exciting green, blue and black-graded mountain bike trails just 5 miles from Cromarty.